Boxing Gloves for Heavy Bag Training
Boxing gloves were historically designed to be powerful weapons, aiding fighters in hurting their opponents. Today, their function has evolved: modern boxing gloves are designed to protect our wrists, knuckles and hands from getting injured during intense heavy bag training or while boxing opponents in tournaments. Having the right boxing equipment and gloves is necessary for both new fighters and professionals. The best boxing gloves can be expensive, but for best results with minimum damage or injuries, state-of-the-art gloves are nothing short of a long-term investment.
Now, what features should one focus on before buying boxing gloves for heavy bag training?
- Durability: can they withstand the intense training and not get worn-out/torn during the process?
- Comfort and grip: how do these gloves sit on our hands, and do they aid our training?
- Cost: The price point is an important factor in terms of accessibility and investment.
Our top 5 gloves
5. Top King Muay Thai boxing gloves have taken spot number 5 in this list with their firm and heavy outer layer: it guarantees a swift knockout in the first round. They have a mesh panel at the fist to keep your hands cool, an attached thumb for added protection for your thumb and tend to be large compared to their weight. The pure leather outer covering allows for a swift, mighty jab that will knockout your opponent. The premium feel and exterior design give these boxing gloves an aesthetic of their own. With a tag of about 79 GBP, they fall into the middle range of pricing which means you get bang for your buck.
4. Hawk Boxing Gloves:
Hawk boxing gloves stand fourth on our list in terms of quality and affordability. If you are looking to spend less but still want high-performance gear, these that will give you quality and comfort without a high price tag. The Hawk boxing gloves feature extra padding to protect the wrist and V padding for the knuckles, perfect to keep your fists in fighting shape during a heavy boxing workout. These lightweight and fast boxing gloves were designed to take a beating and not your knuckles, so rest assured you are getting your money’s worth without your heavy bag getting the best of you.
3. FairtexMuay Thai Bag Gloves:
Up next we have the Fairtex Muay Thai bag gloves. The feature that sets these boxing gloves apart from the others is that they are hand-stitched in Thailand, making them a unique product in the age of machine-made gloves. They score high in terms of comfort and grip due to their double inner latex foam covering: it serves to protect your knuckles during training so you’re fresh for a fight. The Velcro strap also firmly holds the boxing gloves in place and prevents them from sliding off. Their genuine leather construction also means that they are a durable choice.
2. Title Gel World Bag BoxingGloves:
The silver medal goes to Title GelWorld Bag boxing gloves: these bad boys come with gel enforced lining and multi-layered foam interior, both of which form a soft cushion of protection for your knuckles. Specialabsorption technology helps wick sweat and keeps your hands comfortable during long sesh. The gloves are made of pure grain leather with triple nylon, which means they score high on durability. The addition of a hook and loop tightening grip with Velcro straps means they sit firmly on your fists.
1. Starpro F55 Bag Gloves
Make way for the champion: Starpro’s F55 Bag Gloves are fitted with technology while staying light on the wallet and prioritize comfort and support for the wearer. High-density injection moulded foam padding absorbs shock by dissipating impact across the glove, keeping your wrists and knuckles in top form. Mesh lining on the palm ride your hands of sweat, keeping them dry and odour-free, whileStarpro’s Wonder Fit technology keeps your hand in a comfortable fist without adding extra pressure to the forearm. Constructed from extra-durableCronos’vegan leather for those long training sessions. These are finished off with a power-Lock strap for a snug and secure fit. You can view the full range of boxing gloves at starpro combat.