The automatic update feature in Sage allows users to quickly and efficiently update the software without affecting their work. However, there are times when you may encounter an error message, like “Error Code = AUSE099”, while you are downloading or installing an automatic update. Some users will see the error along with a message that says “Detailed Error Description = an unknown error has occurred. Please contact Sage customer service.” Usually, this error is caused because of a problem with the application. This blog will highlight some guidelines you can use to fix Sage Error Ause099 and get your accounting software back on track.
Steps to Fix Sage Error Ause099
There could be a number of reasons why Sage users may experience issues while installing an automatic update. You can refer to the basic troubleshooting steps given below to fix the problem and rectify Sage Error Ause099:
• Step 1: Make sure you log in to the computer with correct admin rights.
• Step 2: Check if you have an active net connection and signal strength.
• Step 3: Open your browser and check if you can access “wwwDOTsageDOTie”
• Step 4: Close and exit any other Sage apps that are running on your PC.
• Step 5: Ensure that you close Sage Accounts before the update is installed.
• Step 6: Review your Sage account number and make sure it is correct.
• Step 7: You should also check if the Micro pay serial number is valid.
• Step 8: Open the ‘C’ Drive and go to the ‘Program Data’ folder.
• Step 9: Open the ‘Network Settings’ and check the proxy server settings.
• Step 10: Navigate to the ‘SBD Software Updates’ section and then rename the following files: ‘softwareupdates.dat’ and ‘SoftwareUpdateSettings.dat.’
Once you checked the internet connection and renamed the relevant files, you can restart Sage and then see if you can install the update. If the error persists, you will have to call the Sage support number and ask for help. Experienced Sage technicians are available 24 hours a day to give you a step-by-step solution for any error. You can also call the customer service number in case you need clarification about any of the steps mentioned above. No matter what questions or doubts you may have, there will be a team of Sage experts ready to take care of the issue and resolve the errors as soon as possible.