Top 25 CISA Interview Questions and Answers in 2020
Some of the most important CISA interview questions and answers:
1. Define RFC.
Request for change is a method which brings up changes to the system by setting up the authorization. The harmful changes should be detected and identified by the CISA auditor before it damages the security of the network. RFC monitors any changes occurring in the system.
2. Explain Change Movement.
The individuals who are responsible for detecting any harmful or risk generating elements in the system and also the ill impact of the various changes in the system are called change movements. The threat of the change that impacts network security is detected and located by CISA.
3. Explain the network encryption purpose.
Network Encryption is used for protecting and securing the privacy of the data or resources which pass through the network.
4. If you locate a defect in the system while working as an audit, what will be your response?
The existing defects or error is not fixed by auditors. However, these errors are noted down in a report, which is then submitted to the owners of the system to review the report. It is the responsibility of the system owners to decide the steps to take regarding the existing defect or error.
5. Define sociability testing.
Sociability testing is done to check whether the application is working accurately or not in a particular environment.
6. What are the two categories of backup methods utilized for the remote backup sites?
The two types of categories of backup methods are electronic vaulting and shadow file processing.
7. Define one benefit of having endless auditing.
The security and safety of the organization are enhanced due to continuous or endless auditing.
8. What is the downfall involved in the utilization of long asymmetric encryption keys?
Although the asymmetric encryption is considered to be more safe and secure, it is considered to be a slow technique, and it also increases the expenses charged.
9. What is a honeypot?
Honeypot is known as a device or instrument which provides safety and protection against the unauthorized access of unknown sources by creating a fake trap that includes information that looks real and legitimate.
10. Define BIA, and its uses.
BIA is commonly known as Business Impact Analysis, which is helpful in building up the Business Continuity Plan.
11. You are an auditor evaluating and analyzing the network of an industry which offers the wireless access for a decided price, which is needed to complete the financial resource processes. SSL and WTLS are applied in the wireless network connection of the organization. What should be the topmost fear?
The topmost threat or fear may include the possibility of a hacker compromising the WAP gateway.
12. What are the features which should be evaluated and analyzed by an IT system auditor?
The system IT auditor must guarantee that all the staffs or the users have the entree to the user guides and system documentation.
13. Define CA.
The PKI technology has a certificate authority which is also known as CA.
14. What are the processes that can be carried out by a CA?
The CA is responsible for creating a link amongst the requesting entity and its public key.
15. Define BCP.
The response to any incident is made through the utilization of the Business Continuity Plan, also known as BCP.
16. What are the downfalls of having a weak control application and policy definitions?
The downfalls of a weak control application include providing access to unknown sources, which increases the threat and breach, and bad quality network configurations, which can result in a decreased quality of performance.
17. While providing access to the third part associations, what are the controls that should be implemented?
Allowing the creation of a guess account or profile which has limited access and has an already determined deadline.
18. Name the risk which might occur from insufficient software base lining
The risk or defect which can occur from an insufficient software base lining is known as scope creep.
19. Name the standard protocol which is utilized by the internet.
The protocol mostly used by the majority of the internal networks and also by the internet is the TCP/IP.
20. Name the dynamic analysis tool used for testing the modules of software.
The tool used is the Black box test.
21. Mention the methods through which data of a company can be lost.
The two harmful methods of losing data include malware and hackers.
22. What is a CISA audit trail?
Audit trails are used to monitor the confidential information of the company.
23. What are the kinds of processes that can be included in the deployment process to improve security?
Forms can be given out to the developers in order to fill it up to detect and track each and every change and note down or document the systems in which changes are applied during the deployment process.
24. If a change harms a system, what happens next?
The change management employees and the CISA are in charge of announcing a rollback.
25. Explain the methods that can assist CISA auditor in gaining an enhanced idea of the working of the system.
Reading documents, communicating with the management, watch the other employees perform the processes, and understand the system log and data.